|Learning Target OR Standards & Connections
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.CCRA.W.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details and well-structured event sequences.
- ISTE Student Standard Creative Communicator – Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
- Create a collaborative radio commercial for an actual product.
|Adaptable to all levels.
- Project Details:
- Work alone or in a group (no more than 3 people)
- Commercial must be at least 30 seconds long, no longer than 2 minutes
- Commercial must incorporate voice recordings with each member of the group. If you have 3 people in your group there must be 3 separate audio files of their voices.
- You may add any loops/sounds/music to your commercial that you think will help in selling the product
- Product Details:
- The product you are selling must be a real product
- Paste a picture of the product you are trying to sell in the image box below
- In your commercial you must state why this product is
- Why this is a good product
- How much the product costs
- What does the product do? (Does it make your hair softer? Does it taste good? Will it fix stinky feet? etc.)
- Finals Steps:
- Commercial needs to be shared to Mrs. McDougall or Mrs. Grattan either by inviting them to the collaboration or hitting the share button.
- All commercials will be performed for the class on
- An audio commercial can be adapted for any and all classroom contents, ages and objectives. For example, in a history class, the task could be to create a commercial advertising the start/finish of the Civil War. In a science class, have students promote their favorite scientist. This lesson could apply in any course, but it is most closely aligned with Language Arts, Information & Communications Technology, and Visual & Performing Arts.
This lesson plan has been submitted by Beth McDougall. Beth is an Elementary/Middle School Band and Chorus Teacher at Wheatland-Chili CSD.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.