This is a step-by-step guide for teachers to get started using Soundtrap in their classroom with resources and support on functions in and out of the studio.
Step 1: Create a free school trial account at www.soundtrap.com/edu
- Select ‘Start as a Teacher’ to set up your trial account
- All new trial accounts will get free access to Soundtrap for Education for 30 days
- All trial accounts will be given 500 seats by default
Step 2: Invite others or roster students with one of the following methods:
- Google Classroom integration, click here for instructions
- Invite by group code, click here for instructions
Congratulations! You have registered your users on Soundtrap!
Step 3: Start incorporating Soundtrap into your classes!
- Peruse our entire lesson plans library here
- Soundtrap lesson plans that are adaptable for distance learning (Remember, Soundtrap is not just for musicians – ideas for integrating Soundtrap into ALL content areas here)
- Supporting curriculum for creating podcasts with your class
- Rubrics for Assessing Audio: Podcasting Rubrics, Music-Making Rubrics, and others!
Step 4: The following are essential skills to review:
- Create and manage student accounts
- Collaboration features
- Create a quick, easy project with a few tracks/loop library
- Create an assignment
Step 5: Support and Community
- Please check out our support portal. Most solutions can be found there before contacting support!
- Join our Soundtrap Community and contribute to the conversation
- Join the Soundtrap for Education Facebook Page (vetted educators only!)
*Need some inspiration? Share student examples to inspire your students and/or colleagues:
- Students in Maine Using Soundtrap to Accomplish International Necessity
- Wisconsin Students Capture Senior Citizen Stories Using Soundtrap
- Choice and Voice Through Student Podcasting in a San Francisco High School
- Finding a Portal into the Recording World for Uganda Students Using Soundtrap